Aims & Scope
INNOVATIONS in pharmacy is a peer-reviewed, quarterly publication. We encourage submission of manuscripts that posit new ideas and new ways for addressing both challenges and opportunities in pharmacy practice, education, and policy. We especially encourage manuscripts that will alter perceptions, shift expectations or change the way we approach pharmacy practice, education or policy.
INNOVATIONS in pharmacy is an open access journal, which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution. Users are allowed to read, download, copy, distribute, print, search, or link to the full texts of the articles, or use them for any other lawful purpose, without asking prior permission from the publisher or the author. This is in accordance with the BOAI definition of open access. We support Creative Commons licensing. If an article is licensed under a Creative Commons license, the article may be reused in accordance with the terms of that license. For permission for other uses, or questions about use, please contact the individual authors. For all other questions, please contact the editors at email@example.com.
Manuscripts accepted for publication are posted on the web site immediately upon final acceptance. On a quarterly basis (Winter, Spring, Summer, Fall), an issue will be closed and a table of contents for each issue will be prepared. A table of contents will be emailed when an issue becomes finalized.
This journal follows the recommendations in the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals formulated by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). We also ask reviewers to follow the COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers.
The journal does not accept advertising.
Articles will be identified by the following topic areas:
- Community Engagement Invitation: scholarship that involves a researcher in a mutually beneficial partnership with the community
- Education Invitation: advancing methods of teaching and learning with various audiences including student pharmacists, residents, and graduate students.
- Insights Invitation: idea development for broad perspectives applied to innovation in pharmacy; papers are typically from key opinion leaders in the form of commentaries or idea papers.
- Leadership Invitation: creating ways for people to contribute to making extraordinary things happen
- Pharmacy Practice Invitation: developing the professional roles of pharmacists
- Policy: deliberate plans of action to guide decisions and achieve outcomes
- Practice-Based Research Invitation: scholarship that involves practice-based clinicians and their staffs engaged in activities designed to understand and improve patient care
- Science Invitation: exploring a variety of health care-related topics from all perspectives and all types of scientific inquiry
Furthermore, articles will be identified by the following article types:
- Book Reviews: book reviews
- Case Studies: in-depth investigation/study of a single individual, group, incident, or community
- Clinical Experiences: knowledge and understanding gained from patient care activities
- Commentaries: expression of opinions or explanations about events, situations, or ideas
- Idea Papers: information or proposals that are useful for development of a concept
- Instructional Tool: information that can be utilized in teaching and learning activities
- Letters: letters
- Notes: notes
- Original Research: creation of new knowledge through analysis of data
- Review Articles: systematic examination of literature on a topic