- Authors must be undergraduate honors students enrolled in a university-level honors program/college. Work submitted by recent honors alumni will also be considered.
- Previously published work will not be reviewed by the Aisthesis committee. Simultaneous submissions are welcome; however, if your work has been accepted elsewhere, please withdraw your submission by emailing email@example.com.
- At maximum, each author can submit up to (1) academic submission and (1) creative submission per year to Aisthesis. If you are submitting one of each, please submit them separately through the website.
Genres: As an interdisciplinary publication, we welcome academic work, including honors capstone projects, literature reviews, and research articles, from all fields of research. Creative submissions of nonfiction, fiction, poetry, visual art, short films, media, and photography are also encouraged from any undergraduate student enrolled in a university honors program. In addition, works that challenge traditional discipline and genre boundaries are welcome.
Word Count: Less than 5000 words for all genres. If you are submitting poetry, please submit no more than five poems.
Submission deadline: March 21, 2019 (11:59 pm CT)
Acceptable Submission Formats:
- Text: Word documents or plain-text files
- Multimedia: .mp4 files (preferred)
- Image: .png or .jpg files
Submission Instructions: You will submit your work by creating an account through the Aisthesis website. You will upload two attachments: (1) your academic article or creative work submission and (2) a contact information sheet.
In your contact information attachment, please include the following:
- First and last name
- University and honors program
- Name of your honors program director
- Discipline and genre of submission (e.g., biology, literature review)
- Objective of academic work *for academic article submissions only
- Citation style (e.g., MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.) *for academic article submissions only
- Email address and phone number
- Contact information of an advocating professor
How to Submit:
- Create an account by clicking Register in the upper right-hand corner of the Aisthesis homepage. Under Affiliation, please note the name of your university and honors program. Do not check the box next to “request the Reviewer status.”
- Click New Submission.
- Under Section, select your submission type (academic article or creative work). Check the submission requirements.
- Under Article Component, select your submission type again (academic article or creative work). Then, drag and drop your submission into the box.
- Select Edit to retitle your file to include the submission’s discipline and title. Example: Environmental sociology, “Alienation in Agriculture.” Please feel free to use an abbreviated title.
- Select Add Another File. Under Article Component, select Contact Information.
- Draft and drop your contact information file into the box. Click Continue and then Complete.
- You should see two files: your submission and contact information. Click Save and Continue.
- Enter Metadata. Include the full title as well as the subtitle and abstract (if applicable). Abstracts and subtitles are not required.
- Click Finish Submission.
**Do NOT place personal identification information in your academic article or creative work submission; your contact information should only appear in the contact information attachment**
**Authors will retain the copyright to their original works**
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org.