Aims & Scope
Advances in Pharmacy: Journal of Student Solutions to Pharmacy Problems (AiP) is an open access online annual publication dedicated to disseminating student research relevant to pharmacy practice. Students are strongly encouraged to work independently or with a faculty advisor or an expert in their topic area; however, all of the work and writing of manuscripts submitted to the journal must be performed by the student. The advisor(s) may not be listed as a co-author but their contribution may be acknowledged in the Acknowledgements section of the manuscript. Submissions from groups of students are encouraged.
Submissions to AiP may report the results of primary research projects or well-constructed comprehensive systematic literature reviews designed to answer well defined research questions. We encourage submission of manuscripts that address currently unanswered questions pertinent to pharmacy practice in a broad range of topic areas including but not limited to:
- Medication Management, Safety and Quality
- Care Transitions
- Medication adherence
- Medication therapy management
- Medication safety
- Therapeutics & Diseases
- Cardiovascular—hypertension pharmacotherapy
- Cardiovascular—anticoagulation/antiplatelet pharmacotherapy
- Endocrinology—diabetes pharmacotherapy
- Infectious diseases—immunizations
- Neurological diseases—Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Epilepsy, etc.
- Respiratory—asthma and COPD pharmacotherapy
- Nutraceuticals, such as curcumin
- Other disease areas
- Scholarship of Teaching and Learning in Pharamcy
- Team-based learning
- Learning evidence-based medicine skills
- Experiential education (IPPEs and APPEs)
- Reflective learning
- Peer teaching
- Concept mapping
- Pharmacy Informatics
- Effectiveness and safety of CPOE systems
- Unstructured vs. structured information in EHR
- Efficacy and safety of mobile devices in healthcare
AiP is an open access journal, which means that all content is freely available without charge to the user or his/her institution.
All articles published in Advances in Pharmacy are distributed with a
For permission for other uses, or questions about use, please contact the individual authors. For all other questions, please contact the editors at email@example.com.
Manuscripts accepted for publication are posted on the web site immediately upon final acceptance. On an annual basis (typically in the Summer), an issue will be closed and a table of contents for each issue will be prepared. A table of contents will be emailed when an issue becomes finalized.
This journal follows the recommendations in the Uniform Requirements for Manuscripts Submitted to Biomedical Journals formulated by the International Committee of Medical Journal Editors (ICMJE). We also ask reviewers to follow the COPE Ethical Guidelines for Peer Reviewers.
The journal does not accept advertising.